What rain tastes like.




Eyes open and I am gazing out that window and still not seeing. Mind is empty of all thoughts, it’s a bliss rarely found now. Soul vacant of all expectations, a wave of happiness spreads through. Which I yet am unable to feel. And then someone along the way, points at a drop that fell from the skies.

How long was the distance that it had to travel from up there, I wonder? How much did it change, from what it was when born?

You think too much, I remind myself. That moment where all was forgotten; lost.

The drops form a trail on the windscreen. Pitter patter. Stubbornly, it drums down with more force, thrashing on mother earth.

What is it trying to prove?

Ssshh.

I roll down the windows and let the cool wind in. It didn’t come alone; a few raindrops unable to stay tied to the gravity and pushed inside by the breeze did too. A slight shower the entire way as I watch the roads bathe, small bubbles burst as fast as they were formed, lights reflect off the street, rain falling against the occasional street lights.

And the scent of rain. Oh that sweet scent.

I feel good.

-Photo taken by myself.

Comments

  1. Last para seems so philosophical.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something innocent about it that made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great article. I like that you are very honest and direct to the point.

    Apron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much you guys! =) Definitely made my day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SAUDI ARABIA RESIDENT VISA PROCEDURE FROM PAKISTAN

Get your Totems fixed, its time for a reality check.

Just that.